|“||Short-range heavy unit. Specialized against defense turrets.||”|
|— In-game description|
The Flamethrowers are a weak, but cheap unit that can be used in small swamrs to take down the enemy's defenses. Due to their higher health, they are better at taking down Cannon Blasts as well as any other turret than Marines.
It's recommended to place first one or very few Flamethrowers to use as a distraction for the turret(s) and then place another bigger group on another side to attack the turret(s) that are being distracted with the smaller group. This strategy is also effective against Mortars.
- This unit is your stongest units when you haven't unlocked the Bazooka .
- They are good when paired with Bazookas that deal a lot of damage as they have the strongest weapon available.
- Sadly as they only go for Defenses, even if you put a load next to a star base they just will evoid it.
- A level 2-3 marine is just as useful as a flamethrower if not more so.
- When you unlock the Starlinators which also goes for defenses then your usage of the flamethrower becomes barely anything and it drizzles into a cheap unit to use when you're running out of coins.
- If you do use them make sure you have lots of them as they are defeated very quickly because they have to be very close to the turrets before begin firing.
- Their range is also very crippling, they will very easily get in range of bunkers and mortars and get pummeled.